Search Artist Entreprenuer, Artist, Designer, Poet, and Programmer
Joseph Franklyn McElroy the co-founder and CEO of Corporate Performance Artists. Joseph, is a graduate of Computer Science and Economics from Duke University and a former team leader at IBM. At IBM he led the development of Internet Gateways that allowed Internet traffic to flow over IBM's proprietary networks worldwide. While at IBM, Joseph won IBM Division Award for Technical Excellence. He has been a CEO of several companies, and has been responsible for raising $2 million to fund a startup company called EveryDayPrint.com, which while part of the dot-com boom and bust, he managed to bring to profitability. Joseph is also an internationally known artist, with artwork collected by the New Museum and Cornell University library amongst others.
As CEO of CorporatePA, Joseph has combined his talent and expertise as an award-winning technologist, artist, poet and entrepreneur to excel at Search Engine Marketing and Internet R&D. He successfully formed a strategic partnership with Corinthian Media, one of the largest independent media buying firms (over $300M) to provide digital marketing to its clients. Joseph has built systems for many large corporations and non-profits, including New York Life, Vanguard, Federal Reserve Bank, Army Corp of Engineers, Harley Davidson, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, and many more.
Joseph is active culturally, including being a board member for the General Society of Mechanic's & Tradesmen of the City of New York - a 226 year-old institution in Manhattan with a building on 20 West 44th Street.
From magazine "Open" - "The McElroys kick open the doors of old business models and capitalize on what they believe."
- Achieved reputation as Open Source visionary with interviews by Interactive Week, Infoworld, Fortune Technology, Open magazine among others.
- National Columnist on Money Matters for Gather.com.
- Judge for the Advanced Technical Categories of the Emmys.
- Successfully raised $2 million funding for startup.
- Successfully built and sold two technology businesses.
- First Entry into the Multimedia wing of the Museum of Computer Art.
- Artwork collected by the Library at Cornell University.
- Artwork in the collection of Rhizome.org (New Museum)
- Developed first ever Exhibition Catalog completely on CD Rom. Done for Alternative Museum. Reviewed by New York Times.
- Selected to attend first ever Summer Institute for Performance Art at The Kitchen in NYC.
- IBM Division Award for Technical Excellence.
- Various academic, mathematic and scholarship awards. Attended Duke University on a full scholarship in mathematics.
- Poetry published in various journals. Art exhibited in museum shows.
- Certificate of Artistic Excellence from Congressman Jose Serrano.
- Recognized by Bronx Borough President Aldofo Carrion for contributions to the community.
- Board Member of the General Society of Mechanic's & Tradesmen of the City of New York
- Critic's Choice September 2009 issue of New York Magazine
- Founder OptimizeNewYork.com
- Winner of People Magazine's Love Poetry contest with winning poem published on Time's Square Jumbotron.
- Proud husband (an partner) to Donna and father to son Ethan, who entered UNC Wilmington this fall.